Thursday, December 31, 2009

6 years? Seriously?

I was going through our bedroom yesterday, trying to do some cleaning after all the Christmas/Birthday insanity. I really think I'm demented, I enjoy cleaning. Sometimes my house/areas of my house become disasters and they stay that way because I don't really know how to "start" my cleaning, but once I get going.... I can't stop.

Anyways.... I found a picture of Kenny and I when we first started dating and I was meeting his parents for the first time - back in 2004.



I think it was the next year at some point when this next picture was taken, Easter or some occasion like that. Kenny looks like a pot-smoker and I look like a weirdo wanna-be-punk kid. haha!


This next one was taken in December 2007. We'd been married 1/2 a year and life was good. I can't believe how much we've changed in all this time. I can't believe it's been as long as it has been.


It really doesn't feel like it's been 6 years we've been together!! Seriously!? How did the time go that quickly!? Really, 6 years? I remember so much of it so clearly - the time right before we started dating - I made him ask me a few times to be his girlfriend, I didn't want to be a rebound and I didn't want to "jump in" to a relationship with the first guy to ask me.

We didn't know then, at 16, where things would lead and end up. I knew, though, that if I was going into a relationship - it was going to be "serious" because I didn't want to get emotionally involved with a guy just to be dating and testing the waters. He knew that then too, because I made sure he understood that about me.

July 3rd, 2006 Kenny proposed to me - right after I got off of work at Subway (that had NO Air Conditioning, and it was the hottest summer we had in awhile.) he took me downtown and proposed under a new water feature/fountain the city just put in and finally opened up.

3 days short of a year later we got married.

IMG_3800

IMG_3832

2 and a 1/2 years later and a beautiful little girl - I still can't believe that it's been as long as it has been. It's been great, it's been crazy, it's been REALLY insane! Really really great, though.

Turning over a new chapter in our life. We are quite happily married, have discovered that we can make it, though barely, on just Kenny's income alone, have our one Beautiful Adorably Cute Daughter, and are actually a little unsettled in our current status.

We want a house, Having just gotten the paperwork in the mail from a mortgage company we've been working with - it turns out there are a lot more expenses to buying a house than we had anticipated - oh well. After discussion it we decided we'd rather be more financially secure than jump in over our head for a tax credit that will, in the end, not be helpful at all.

We made it through Rylee's first year, now I'd like another baby. Yes, For Real. I'd like to have Rylee have a sibling - I've wanted 2 kids, only two, but for sure 2. I've been working on Kenny a little bit and I think he'll come around to the idea soon. Heehee.

It's not going to happen (in our plans), until we're better secure financially, and probably have our own house. So, probably another year before we start "planning," if that's even a reality by then. We'll see! God is great and mighty and can do many awesome things. I'm excited to see what's going to happen this next year.

My brother is going to have a baby boy, my best friend is getting married VERY soon, AND my little Sister (in law) is getting married! It's only the beginning but this year is already awesome!

0 comments:

Post a Comment