Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary...

I can't even believe how busy life becomes this time of the year. Why did I have to complicate matters more and give birth to my daughter mid December as well?

My daughter is causing me to be a crazy person these days.

She just finally figured out walking! I thought for sure she'd be walking back in September, then October then at the latest November 1st. Nope, it took until this week to figure it out. She has been holding onto furniture and running around the house that way - then would let go and take several steps before falling, standing back up and trying again - finally giving up and crawling the rest of the way.

A couple days ago well, November 25th, she finally decided that walking was quicker - so she'd take a few step, fall, stand back up, a few more, fall, stand back up.... until she was just done and would then crawl again. She is now full on Toddling around! She isn't the most stable thing yet, but she tries and it's so darn cute! She was carrying Kenny's Steel-toed work boot around the apartment tonight. Much to big for her, She rocks our world!

She's also decided to almost completely wean herself from breastfeeding. I never thought I would be upset about that, but I am. I knew before I ever got pregnant that I would want to breastfeed my kid some day. When she was born (Kenny still thinks it was hilarious) I was seriously weirded out by the whole thing. It took a couple days for her to figure the whole thing out and I ended up needing to use a nipple shield until she was 5 and a half months old before she would nurse without it. It was a serious pain, but worth it to me. She wanted to nurse alllllllll day long, as well.

So, now, the last couple weeks, she's gone almost cold turkey. Maybe it had something to do with us getting her to sleep through the night. Whatever the case, she seriously has no interest in it anymore and I'm really a bit upset about it! Ha! With how much she wanted it and would pull my shirt down for it not even a month ago it's really culture shock for me and I don't like dealing with it. It's too many emotions and too many changes and too many THINGS to deal with in the last 2.5 years!

Marrying my love, Finding out I'm pregnant, Oh wait! just kidding, I had already miscarried with our dream of Twins. Finding out I'm, yet again, pregnant a month away from what would have been the due date of the twins (Did I mention that neither of these were even supposed to happen!?). Moving 7 months pregnant is never a good thing - don't do it (I also don't recommend growing a 9 pound baby!). Going from working full time to full time mom was an enormous adjustment. The financial ups and downs. All that and More. Sometimes I just want to snap. I'm better than that, or so I think.

Also, we want to buy a house! I can't believe I didn't check into the finer details of buying a house before it was even a feasible option for us. I can't believe we are even able to do it now, for the most part. Of course the down payment is the major issue for us right now, but hopefully we'll be able to get that squared away prior to finding "the house." God will provide both for us.

My baby is almost a year old. I have tried to savor every single moment of her life thus far. She has only been "babysat" once when Kenny and I went to a much awaited concert just last month. This last year has gone by too quickly for me. I don't like it. She's changed so much. Also finally has one of those dang teeth poking through her gums! The second soon to follow! Just poking through, though, not OUT. As is her way of doing things, I anticipate that it'll be at least 2 more weeks before they actually finish their way out of hiding.

Okay, excuse me while I go continue to have my happy yet sad pity party.

0 comments:

Post a Comment