Friday, August 13, 2010

Doctor Stuffs

Awhile back I posted about having stomach problems and suspecting it to be Celiac Disease considering it's also an auto-immune disease it makes me a little more likely to have it.

Finally keeping a doctors appointment I asked her to have me tested for it - she willingly obliged and the tests came back negative.

Back to square 1.

For awhile I decided to try the gluten free thing just to see if I'm "gluten intolerant" and it initially seemed to help but the symptoms never really went away and then started coming back just as bad.

Alright, it's not that for now. My stomach has been hurting more and more so I drug myself into an urgent care doctor cause I didn't want to wait a month to get set up with a doctor to "look at my problems." That was one of the best decisions I've made in awhile, Haha. They were very nice and I suggested to them possibly a gall-bladder issues - so we started doing tests for that.

They drew blood and sent me down for x-rays of my stomach just to rule out anatomical problems like a twisted intestine. The next morning was an ultrasound to check out the gallbladder, kidneys, spleen and (I think) liver. That found nothing too - no gallstones or anything.

The doctor I saw that morning, though, was even better than the previous one. She told me it definitely sounds like gallbladder. The blood tests the previous doctor ran were the wrong ones to check for gallbladder problems, apparently, so we had to re-draw those. She's also sending me in for a dye type test to check the gallbladder function. I've got that going this morning (so I should wrap this up and get ready to go).

I hope that they'll find find something there so at least I'll have an answer and can do something! Haha.

2 comments:

robin said...

I am literally in the same situation as you and am having a cat scan for my gall bladder on Monday. I'm blogging about it at burpsandbellyaches.com. Your family is cute. Good luck. Let me know how it goes. I'm going to link out to you if that's okay.

Jen said...

I hope everything works out with your tests!
I enjoy reading your blog. Did you and your husband meet at Camp Awana...in Fredonia, WI?!?!
I spent 2 months there every summer from the time I was 8 until I went to college!!! Greatest place on Earth!
God Bless you...and have a great weekend!

Post a Comment