Monday, July 20, 2009

Better.

I've had to take a bit of a break the last week and a half. I'm doing better now than I was in my last woeful post.

I found some strings to pull and am on my way to having that major debt paid off in just a few months. Hopefully, now, we'll be able to get the credit card paid off and then pay for Kenny's tuition. I'm officially back working a few days a week again.

Rylee comes with me and she's doing better with me working. Except we were gone almost every day last week, so she was much grumpier and clingier than normal. We stayed home today and she is a happy and now sleeping girl.

She is so sweet, giving me the biggest grins whenever I looked at her. Its great. I love this stage she is in. I'm going to miss it a lot.

Kenny surprised me the other day with a new power cable for my laptop! It was SO sweet! I guess he had been stashing money away for nothing in particular, then while he was at work the other day the guy he was installing a security system for tipped him extra money. The sweet guy he is decided to get me a power cable instead of a game that he'd been wanting! He doesn't surprise me like that often at all. I love it.

Anyways, life goes on, we started going back to church this week. We've taken too long of a "break" from church life. Sometimes the politics, the serving, everything involving church gets to be too much. That is where it had gotten for us and it just seemed like a "duty" more than anything to go to church for awhile. Don't get me wrong, we were still in our Bibles, just not regularly participating in any church.

We decided, though, that it was time. We spiritually need to be back in that place. We'd like to get involved with other young parents, for our own good and for Munchkin's too. It's really quite irritating when other adults with 4+ kids talk to us like we know nothing until we're on their level - but even then we won't be because it won't have been as long as them... ....and so on. I really do love the advice they offer, but sometimes its nice just to have the companionship and comradery.

Kenny and I don't have many real friends these days, most of mine have moved away, and Kenny's too. So, we're out to build new relationships with others. We'll see how that goes, being as we can both be fairly antisocial! ha!

Okay, that's all that I have for the night.

1 comments:

Jenny said...

Sounds like things are looking up. I am glad to hear you are back in church...we, too, have taken too long of a break and need to return. Antisocial could be our middle name, too. I hope you have a fabulous week!

Post a Comment