Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Whistle While you Work!

Today has been SO full for me that now I feel a bit manic that I don't have as much to do now.

I went to one of my best friends' apartment (she lives a few doors down from us) yesterday and realized how awful mine has looked since we moved in. I think I mentioned before - DON'T move when you're 8 months pregnant!!!

SO, I got my butt in gear today and at long last - my apartment is pretty much set up right. Except of course my "dump room" that still needs much tlc. Since we don't go in there almost ever - I'm not too concerned about that right now.

I am SO happy. SO happy. SO SO SO happy. It's amazing how having a clean house make me feel productive and good about life. I really don't know what to do with myself now that I have been cleaning OCD style today. Yes, I took a toothbrush to my kitchen. I bleached my bathtub. I tore out our closet and reboxed and reorganized it. I tore out cabinets and reorganized those. I stopped in between to cuddle my clingy not-feeling-good daughter.

I made lunch and dinner and second dinner. I've done 4 loads of laundry. Put the other 3 loads that I already had done and threw on the floor away. I put old clothes in boxes and made space for the clothes I actually wear. I don't buy many clothes at all - I just keep everything I buy. Silly girl I am.

I cleaned up and put away Kenny's computer stuff that he had ALL OVER my kitchen table and the surrounding area - simply because I was sick of it and I didn't want to wait for him to "get around to it" tomorrow. I wanted it done NOW. So, I did it. I've vacuumed, and scrubbed my kitchen carpet. Yes, we've got industrial type carpet in our kitchen. It sucks.

I sorted my daughters baby clothes and put into a box or bag her clothes that she's grown out of and finally figured out what she does actually have. - I hate it when she misses out on wearing something because I didn't realize she had it before she grew too much to wear it.

Oh, and did I mention the poop I had to clean out of my tub this morning? The tub I had just scrubbed clean and bleached. I was very displeased. VERY displeased. Not only did she poop in the tub - she then grabbed one of the toys in there and started chewing on it. Gross. Gross. Gross.

All in all, I'm very pleased about the day. I'm working tomorrow and Munchkin will be coming with me. It'll be a lot of fun. Hopefully not as hot as it has been. We'll see, though. Hopefully she cooperates with me tomorrow. I love productive days. I think I need to go find something else to clean now.....

3 comments:

Jillian said...

I love those days too!!

Jenny said...

I need a cleaning day like that!

Jessi said...

i always feel so much better after doing a good cleaning too!!


yuck on the poop part! we've never had one of those yet!

Post a Comment