Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Normal

I don't usually talk about it, it's part of my daily life. I don't feel like it's "different" most days - it's just how I live. Being Diabetic, though, does have its difficult days for me.

Being pregnant was difficult, and yet so worth it. Being a mom, and diabetic is a whole new can of worms. I worry about lows when I'm alone with her - but I usually push those worries to the back of my mind. I've never had a low that I couldn't take care of myself.

A couple mornings ago Kenny was in the shower and I was trying to get out of bed but my blood sugar had dropped so low that I wasn't sure I could pick up my crying child before getting food. - Of course she was in bed with us so I couldn't just leave her there or she'd try and follow me and get hurt. I managed to bring her to the living room - which isn't all that far - and she was happy to sit and play while I shoveled left over birthday cake into my mouth.

It was the first time that had happened to me since she was born. I hope it does not become a regular thing.

Then there are those awful high blood sugars. I feel like crap and I'm not as patient with her, especially when she's teething, as I want to be. That bothers me a lot.

Suffice to say that I try to avoid both - but both are not avoidable all the time. Just a fact of life, my daily life. We carry on, eating, playing, taking insulin and eating and playing some more, hoping for the best.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have I mentioned TEETHING lately??? Oh.My.Gosh. Rylee has been almost nightmarish. I've been going back and forth in my thoughts the last couple days wondering if she's got an ear infection she's been so bad.

NOT sleeping at night. Fussy almost all day - except a couple preciously cute moments. She usually likes riding in the car and just babbles on and on - last couple days: Screaming her head off. She's not eating as much as usual. Wants to nurse constantly but only for a couple seconds (which is REALLY inconvenient).

Kenny and I love her adorable toothless grins and haven't been excited for her to get teeth (are we bad!?), but right now I just want SOMETHING to happen! It's been going on since she was 3 months old - not constantly, but enough. This week just takes the cake, though. Please, little teeth, won't you just pop through??? OR let me know there is something else wrong!!!! heehee.

Okay. My poor little girl, though. I just want to fix it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment