Saturday, October 10, 2009

Oh Sweet Winter!

It's definitely letting us know it's trying to make its grand entrance!

It's only a little into October and I feel like I might need to break out my winter jacket! YEESH! SO COLD HERE.

It's "fine" during the day this week when the sun is out and there is no wind. Just need a light hoodie. Put that wind chill factor in and OH MAN it is COLD.

THEN, that blessed sun sets and it gets even COLDER.

I make a point every year to try and make it as long as possible without wearing my winter jacket. Why? I don't know! I just like the mind over matter that it takes to get my body acclimated to the temperatures. I usually make it till sometime in December. I don't think that's gonna happen this year.

I've spent the last few days trying to find Rylee a winter jacket. A month ago when we had NO extra money there were cute ones (also when it was still 90ยบ here). Now there are none when we have a little extra.

I have also spent the last few days trying to find her some reasonably priced snow boots that are bendable/not hard-soled. You'd think they'd do that for petite babies. Rylee is a small baby, not quite walking yet but will be come time to wear those stinking boots. We get real winters here too, not a light dusting of snow that shuts Seattle down for the week.

I have a feeling this winter is gonna be crazy like last year, the winter that Rylee brought in. But it's starting MUCH earlier than it has. Maybe it won't stretch as long into what should be our Spring time? That would be awesome. Heehee.

My baby will be a year old in 2 months. I cannot believe that. I remember allllll too vividly how AWFUL I felt this time last year. Praying I didn't throw up while at work because of heart burn. Trying to work with my back that was trying to snap in 2 because of my 9 pound baby in the making. Trying to not dye from my broken ribs thanks to my sweet gymnast. Yes, that was what was happening this time last year.

This time 2 years ago I was pregnant with our twins and just finding out. We had only been married a few months. It was a crazy time in life. The last 2 years have been intense and I am in the longest stretch of "unpregnancy" as I have been in since marrying my love.

Ya know, I am just fine with that!!!

I feel like we're starting to get things a little more figured out right. Rylee is growing and learning. We're getting our debts paid off and thinking about actually getting Kenny back to school. I'm working more regularly. Yes, things, though still tumultuous, are coming along quite swimmingly.

My best friend is getting married. Gotta start working on Christmas presents, and Christmas Cards, and a "newsletter" from our humble little family. Yes, these last 2 years have been "Banner Years" for us. Much to be thankful for. Much to remember. Much to come.

I should be sleeping now. "Sleep when the baby sleeps." Yeah Right.

1 comments:

Jessi said...

These kids just grow so fast. I am trying to figure out how these past 3 years flew by as if they were 3 seconds :(. They shouldn't be allowed to grow so fast!

Winter. Blah! I hate being cold and here in Ohio we have pretty harsh winters too.

Post a Comment