Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Hypocritical

Sometimes I feel like a hypocrite.

Like right now. I talk quite often about being healthy, eating healthy, being a "good" diabetic, good blood sugars, exercising properly.........

Fact is, though, I am SO not the epitome of health.

A couple months after Rylee was born I stopped really trying to take care of myself. Things were just getting more and more busy, Rylee was a very sweet and easy infant but a needy one. So, I haven't cared much about caring.

I feel hypocritical

I've put off seeing my Endocrinologist since before my daughter was born last year. I'm certain my A1c is atrocious. I've just cared less and less, until now.

And I feel hypocritical

Why now? Oh, many reasons. Realizing I feel like crap a lot these days (but do my very best not to show it), I'd really rather not. Rylee's 1st birthday is coming up VERY soon and I want to be able to enjoy every one of her birthdays for a good long long time. It also happens to be Diabetes Awareness month, I mentioned that yesterday, and I feel it's an appropriate time to really get my butt back in gear.

I'd like to get my A1c Back in the 6-7's again. I had never been below a 7.8 before pregnancy, but man, it felt awesome to be in the 6-7%'s. I'm sure I'm in the high 10's at least.

I feel hypocritical.

While I have mostly conquered the evil world that is eating disorders, it is not completely gone, nor will it ever be, I think. Some of that does hold me back still at times. If only I had realized what I had before being pregnant. Ha! It is better this way, though. I can see that.

I have wanted for a long time to have some sort of podium to shout from. Some way to communicate with others, specifically young girls/women who struggle with diabetes, eating disorders or both. I don't have a degree. I don't have any reason for anyone to listen to me ever, I am hypocritical. Maybe, though, someday I will be able to have a podium. Maybe this is it, or this is what God has planned for me, or he has completely different ones. Only time will tell.

In the mean time, I will move forward and do my best to stop being the hypocrite that I hate so much. I will strive to be the best I can for my Husband, for my Daughter. I will get my blood sugar in my control and no longer let it continue to control me.

Here's to bringing awareness by becoming aware myself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment