Sunday, June 28, 2009

Life Goes On


A week and a half ago I was ready to pull my hair out because Munchkin would not tolerate me putting her down for more than a minute.

Now: She'll happily sit and play with toys - or things I turn into toys - on the floor for quite awhile. I'm not talking hours here - 20 minutes - but I'll take it!

She is SO close to crawling I can't even believe it. She'll go from a sitting position to being on her haunches and rocking back and forth - trying to get something or go somewhere. Of course she just ends up on her stomach but she is SO close. Getting her knees under her and starting to move forward, its crazy!

I'm SO not ready for this, but I am too. I'm not ready because I am sad she is growing up. I'm not ready because I want her to be a tiny little baby forever. I am ready because I enjoy watching her gain ground in her daily accomplishments. I am not ready because I still have much baby-proofing to do, though it is getting better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm working on making our own baby food for her these days. I'll be going down to our local farmers market a couple times a month and getting stuff to make baby food until they close for the winter. I am quite hopeful for this.

I am doing my best to expand my food horizons - I would like Munchkin to at least get a feel for and be able to decided what she likes/dislikes after she's had a very good variety to choose from. It would be best for Hubby and I to do this anyways - being healthier is something we both strive for. ...a bit obsessively at times, this will be a good way to go about it. We're both quite picky - making it hard to eat truly healthy. Haha.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In other news I am also going to begin working on teaching Munchkin Signing for communication. We've been doing a lot better in the communicating of needs recently, I think, though, that this will help a lot more. She's definitely ready for it, if there ever was a time to start it would definitely be now. She seems to understand me more and more, smiling when I talk to her and randomly laughing at times too. I think it will be a good thing for us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, Hoopfest is this weekend! It's great, and I will post more about that later. I went down today with Hubby to watch my little brothers participate in the awesome 3 on 3 basket ball event. Only to find that it is the busiest I have EVER seen the downtown of my fair city. Come to find out on the news later that more than 200,000 people converged on our downtown. No wonder there wasn't even standing room! Much less room to walk and get around - especially with a stroller!!!

But, the glutton for punishment that I am, I intend on going down tomorrow again to hopefully watch my brothers' possibly last game. Its in the morning, though, so maybe I'll beat the insane crowd and just be there during a crowd. haha.

That's all for now. Have a great night!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment