Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Adjusting

As it turns out *I* am the one having the hard time adjusting to the move.

Me, the one who has moved all across town over a dozen times. Not Kenny who can only remember 2 real moves in his childhood and said the last time we moved apartments that the next time would be into a house of our own. Not Rylee who is the baby who should be having a hard time adjusting to a new house.

"Why am I have such a hard time adjusting?"

Well, not because I don't love my In-Laws. They are great. Kenny's parents have just been awesome. Very accommodating, very easy-going, just wonderful. Kenny's Mom has watched Rylee several times for us while we were moving. So we got to 'go out' and have lunch - sorta a mini-date. Those were definitely cool times for us.

Yet, it's not MY house. That's just the problem. It's not MY house - and being as how we were looking at houses to buy before Christmas it feels like a step backwards. I know all too well that it is NOT really a step backwards. Rather a step forward, for schooling and a "better" life.  Or, whatever God has in store for us.

I know that God's timing is perfect. It's been so clear in so many ways. I'm really excited that we'll actually be able afford a new Insulin Pump for me in a few months (when hopefully the latest and greatest thing will be out). For now I continue to be ginger with mine and hope it lasts so I don't have to go back to shots.

I really don't like getting used to new stores. I LOVE the Northside of town. I don't like the valley. I love the people at the places I shop at on that side of town. My brother, his girlfriend and my nephew are over there and I'm not able to just stop by and see them now. You know what? I'll be fine. I think that once I've finished going through the stuff still back at my old place and have it all cleaned up - turn over the keys and everything - I might be able to actually sit back and relax. It's probably just too much hanging over my head right now to really focus on settling in.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I had no idea you had a blog! I cut back on Twitter (but I think it's making a comeback...I think), so I lost track of how things were going. I saw you comment on Tamara's blog and got all excited that you have one too. Yay.

~Suzanne~ said...

Oh, I am so sorry you are having a difficult time! I would imagine that the transition would be hard!! You can do this, though, and just keep those big goals of yours in mind and you can make it through anything!!!

Post a Comment