Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Another First

Well, this morning my baby had her first real bloody mess.

No sooner had I closed the door to take a quick shower while Kenny was still home to watch Munchkin did I hear her cry the wail of pain.

I came back out just to see what had happened. Kenny already had her in his arms and she was crying so hard she hadn't taken a breath in a loooooong time. There were big ol tears running down her cheeks already too.

I took her hoping to calm her down so I could still shower and then she started spitting out blood.

She managed to split that piece of skin that attaches the upper lip to the gums and it was a lovely mess.

Poor girl cried a good long time. We gave her a wet washcloth to suck on and managed to get some tylenol down her throat amidst cries and wash cloth.

Kenny managed to get her to sleep on his chest while I took a very fast shower. She's been okay since then. A little more clingy than normal, but that's expected.

Adventures of a growing baby!

0 comments:

Post a Comment