Saturday, January 16, 2010

Lifted.


Since coming to many realizations over the past several days I feel like there has been a huge weight lifted.

I've been doing everything I can to bring more peace into our home, to help our Togetherness as a couple.

I spent the greater part of Thursday carpet cleaning our house. The carpet had gotten so bad it was stressing me out just to sit in my own house, and Kenny was freaking out about it too. I felt like my house was just "noisy" and cluttered there were so many little stains all over the carpet - largely from Rylee spilling her bottles all over the place - she now knows how to sit them down upright!

I borrowed my Mom's Dyson and my Mother-in-law's carpet cleaner and now my carpet is nearly "new" again. Much more peace in our house just because of that alone. I don't mind a few toys on the floor anymore, it doesn't feel like clutter, just normal messes for having a baby.

Kenny and I decided that we need to go on a vacation, just the 2 of us. Maybe just getting a hotel room downtown for 1 night together. We need to have some "us" time so badly. We're planning on going on a date together sometime soon, just the two of us.

I totally didn't even realize how much having Rylee has changed our relationship. It's great, we love her to death and would do anything for her, buuuuuut.... it was "us" first, and she needs us to be "us." We've only left her once, but after that first night being together alone since she was born - I felt SO refreshed. We need that again, real badly.

It's important for married couples, no matter how newly married or married for 50 years, to be together and remember why they love each other and got married in the first place - we've been missing it so badly, time to fall back and regroup soon.

I'm not sure if it's just my own refreshed mind or what, but the entire mood of our home has been much lighter, much more full of love, and I am so thrilled. I'm sure the spiritual warfare is only to begin to attack that, now. We must prevail, though. I want to answer God's calling on my life to be a wife and mother. I want to rise to the occasion, live in the moment always. I want to be able to say yes to God when he asks us to take a step out into the unknown. I have been missing that part of my life for awhile now - that yearning to grow and grow more.

Off to bed, so I don't have to drag myself out of bed as badly as last week for Church in the morning. Heehee.

0 comments:

Post a Comment