Sunday, February 7, 2010

Exercise?

My baby is 13.5 months old. It's been that long since I've been pregnant. It's been a couple months longer than that since I've had a real established exercise routine. My body is telling me about it now.

I had to adjust my Insulin Pumps Basal rates right away after giving birth to Rylee - because I had a lot of lows. I had to adjust them further with breastfeeding and the TONS of calories burned there. I've not adjusted them since, though. My health has really taken a back seat this last year as I focused on all things baby.

A year later I'm realizing how bad that was. So, picking up the pieces to be a better, healthier mom. Get my blood sugars back under my control, instead of them controlling me. Get my body back in "shape." All my baby weight was gone a couple months after Rylee was born, which I was surprised about, being as I had gained 50 pounds during my pregnancy.

I used to run and weight train a lot. I've kept my "weight training" up with all the lifting and carrying of a baby the last year, but no running. I'm going to take it back up again. I've heard a lot of good hype about this Couch to 5k training plan. I've seen several with fantastic results with their blood sugars and weight loss. I'm not looking to lose weight, just get in shape, so I'm sure I'll have to adjust and actually remember to eat during the day now. ...shouldn't be too much of a problem since I tend to be a bottomless pit anyways when I exercise.

So, my challenge to myself is to start this running program tomorrow. Doing it 3 days a week, I think it'll be a Monday, Wednesday and Saturday thing for me. That gives me 2 days I don't work to do it and one day I do - hopefully that'll help me keep my motivation. I'm excited about this, hoping that maybe this'll become a good formed habit that I can go out and do with Rylee. She loves being outside so it should be a perfect match.

We'll see how I do with the blood sugars and basal changes to my insulin I'll have to be making. It's been awhile since I've done all that so it'll be a trial at first. Totally worth it, though, I hope!

1 comments:

sweets said...

You are so lucky to have lost your pregnancy weight so quickly! I had my baby in October last year, and have not lost even a gram... I guess not exercising often has something to do with it...but where to find the time!! Makes me a bit angry though, so I am going to have to start doing something about it...

Just a new reader to your blog :)

Post a Comment