Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Seas are Starting to Calm

After my nearly major breakdown last night and a fairly fragile day I'm doing much better tonight. Thank you everyone for your words of encouragement.

I spent most of the day feeling on edge. I had Kenny call and go to bat for me with the Pharmacy today. I was afraid I might not be able to speak civilly or even at all because I might just cry in their ear. Maybe that would have been good and helped me. But, you see, I don't cry in front of people. I might want to cry, but I don't cry in front of anyone other than my Husband - even then it doesn't happen often.

As is my Obsessive Compulsive nature I check and checked and check and checked and... the CVS website to see the status of my prescription. It's finally 'almost' shipped and I'm finally not stressing about it any more (at least not as bad).

We went out on a date together tonight too. We contemplated seeing if we could ditch Rylee somewhere and go just the 2 of us. Deciding that it would be our Valentines dinner - we took Rylee and had a great time. She was a very good girl. Kenny and I got some fruity alcohol drinks we enjoyed over dinner and had a fun time playing 'pick up the numerous toys dropped from the table' with Rylee.

Trying to pass the time and ease my fidgety self I made a cake. It's pretty "cute," different than I've done before. Not perfect but pretty sweet anyways.




My blood sugars have even behaved fairly well today after changing that site last night. I have a feeling it's not going to last 2 more days, though, because I keep getting a "occlusion detected" warning. Seriously annoying but, I'll deal with it so long as my new infusion sets get here.

So, I'll start the obsessive checking-if-the-pharmacy-shipped-my-stuff-yet game tomorrow. I'll go to work and wonder if they screwed up again and I'll really be out of luck. Hopefully Rylee co-operates with me tomorrow, She's not been sleeping well and has been a total grump.
Kenny had the day off, He'll go back and work more tomorrow. Oh, what a week it's been. I'm excited for Friday to get here - hopefully my prescriptions will get here then too!

...my prescriptions aren't on the forefront of my mind or anything... ...it's not like I need them to be healthy and I feel like people have been jerking me around and playing with my health without my permission. (End this post already, Bee! You've gone long past rambling!) ...I digress.

0 comments:

Post a Comment