Sunday, April 19, 2009

Health Food??!

A couple days ago my husband walked in the door and said to me

"Bethany! I am vitamin and mineral deficient! I want Vegetables! Carrots, Brocoli, Peas, Corn, Green Beans - I don't care what you have to do, shove them down my throat!"

Now, you've got to understand that my husband and I are very picky eaters - which is a bummer because we both try to be very healthy. However, he is by far the pickier eater of the two of us - AND we both have drastically different tastes in food.

So, when he walked in and said this I looked at him and said "Who ARE you and what have you done with MY husband!" It was quite shocking to say the least to hear him state this to me.

He is so serious about this that the next day as he was coming home he stopped and bought carrots, bananas, orange juice and brought me FLOWERS. I can count the number of times he has brought me flowers on one hand - so its a pretty big deal to me.

Today I did some much needed grocery shopping and followed through with his request to purchase some healthier food. I'm a bit excited about this as I have been wanting to do this for awhile, I just have serious issues with buying things and having them go bad because we don't eat them (wouldn't you?).

Poor guy is working today, it doesn't happen often that he works on a weekend - actually this is only the 2nd time it has happened. I'm really excited for him to come home so I can try out a new dinner tonight.

That is also a big deal - I'm not a creative person when it comes to food. I try to give some variety, but truth be told - I suck at it. Guess we'll have to see if I can be successful at furthering our endeavor of healthfulness and food creativity!

0 comments:

Post a Comment