Thursday, April 23, 2009

New look, New Camera, More Crazy Me.

Okay, okay, okay, I'll try to stop messing around with this site much more!

I have been having way too much fun geeking out the last couple of days and creating what is in my mind a sweet looking blog. Using a funky combination of my own graphic design skills and playing off of someone elses. haha!

In other news -

I GOT A NEW CAMERA TODAY!

Oh my goodness I am SO happy! A little sad, I didn't get the Digital SLR camera I have been wanting, buuuuuut I did get the next best thing! It's a FujiFilm FinePix S2000. My camera of 5 years finally gave up the ghost 2 days ago and I've been hoping that it'll just start working again... but it hasn't and having a new baby in the house there is NO way that I was going to be okay with not having a camera for long - I'm all about capturing every moment of her infancy as I possibly can!

Kenny was so sweet and said that we could go look and see if we could find one tonight. The original idea was that I'd get a new camera for our Anniversary coming up in a month and a half, which I was totally fine with - it was my idea! But that was before my camera died on me! So we went to a few places, looked and I found one that I really liked.

Unfortunately it turned out that there were none left in the Best Buys across the country except in Alaska!? I was SO disappointed. It really looked like the best thing for our money and next best thing to the DSLR I have been wanting. My totally awesome husband haggled with those people (having been a former employee of the company totally knows how the dice rolls) and got them to take 10% of the price for us to take the floor model.

I love love LOVE it and am just SO grateful that we could even buy this on such a short notice. My husband is awesome and I SO appreciate his willingnes to accomodate my silliness and my aspirations to be a "real" (whatever that is) photographer sometime.

Anyways, I'm having a good 'ol time lately teaching myself some more design awesomeness and I hope to also be able to get those skills up and actually worth something sometime. heehee.

Okay, enough of my sensless chatter for tonight! Maybe I'll have something worth reading tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment